What is the National Spanish Exam?
The National Spanish Exam (NSE) is an online, standardized assessment competition for Grades 6 -12, given voluntarily by about 4,000 middle and high school teachers throughout the United States, to measure the performance (interpretive communication) and achievement of students who are studying Spanish as a second language.
The purpose of the National Spanish Examination is:
1. to recognize achievement in the study of the Spanish language
2. to promote proficiency in interpretive communication in the Spanish language
3. to assess the national standards as they pertain to learning Spanish
4. to stimulate further interest in the teaching and learning of Spanish
CLICK HERE to access the official NSE website for more information and registration.
Important 2023 Dates
The WI Chapter awards the following each year (Subject to change):
- A certificate to the top TEN winners in each level
- A ribbon to the top SIX winners in each level
- A medal to the top THREE winners in each level
- Also, the top SENIOR winner(s) in levels 4-6 will be awarded a monetary stipend to be determined each year.